Thursday, September 22, 2011

Project 10 Pan

I've been doing a project10 pan for a few weeks now to try and get some stuff out of here.
What is P10P? It's when you take 10 items from your stash that you rarely use and use up those items before you go buy any new product. (The "pan"means you see the pan that your powder products are cased in.)

I'm not quite doing the traditional P10P; I modified it a bit for my needs. I am one of the worlds worst for buying a replacement product before I run out of the old product and then I never finish off the old product. The I end up with almost empty containers of things but don't have the heart to throw them away since they're still useable.
I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.
I just did a haul post too, so you're thinking, "she's full of it!" but I had been planning that trip instore before I started the P10P. Honest I did. I just had to reschedule my trip to the big city a couple of times and it got pushed back.

Yes, they are sitting on my washing machine. Classy, I know.


Since I've already been doing this for a little while, some of the items are already off of the list.

Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser - I am always buying a new face scrub or wash bc my body adapts to them quickly and after a couple months they no longer work as efficiently, so I'll end up with half full bottles or less. This bottle would be empty right now if I used it every night, but with my retinol product I can't use it that often.

Zapzyt acne spot cream- Same deal as the face wash, need to finish this one up. I have 3 or 4 half empty or less tubes of different treatment laying around. Honestly, I would be perfectly happy if I never had to touch an acne spot treatment again, but alas, I don't think that is in the cards pour moi.

Clinique Superfit Foundation: I loved this foundation for years but I get bored with the same thing for too long, so when I switched over to bare minerals a few years ago I discarded this one. I thought it was still usable, but the coverage is spotty now. One day it would look fine, the next would leave me with blotches. Hello trash-can!

Pantene Mousse- Really? Yeah, really. I threw this one into the mix bc I kept reaching for my Aussie mousse since it smells so good but this one was open first. Plus I needed a 10th item. Project 9 Pan doesn't have the same ring to it.

Prime Time, Fairy Drops Mascara, BADgal lash Mascara, Sugar sugar eyeshadow


Fairy drops mascara- This is actually my favorite mascara but it will reach it's 6 month limit at the end of September so I've been trying to use it every day up until that point. This is really close to an HG mascara for me. <3

Benefit BAD gal lash mascara- I had to admit that I've been holding onto this mascara for way too long so it's gone. C'est fini. Nothing makes my lashes look better than this though. I might rebuy it after I try out some new mascaras, but only in a sample size from here on out.

Clinique eyeshadow in sugar sugar- You can see I've already hit pan on this one. (I'm not cheating, it's my game and this is how I play. :P ) This was my go-to highlight shade for a very long time. It's one of those products that I bought another of and never finished this original.
I actually decided to turn this into a cream shadow to use on the swipe and go days. I think I may have made it too sticky, but I'm still trying to use it up.

Bare Escentuals Prime Time Eyelid primer- After I discovered UDPP, I sort of discarded this product in my drawer. It's a good primer but nowhere near as good as UDPP is for my oily lids. I have no clue how much is left in this pen-type applicator, but it seems to have a never ending supply.


Clinique moisturizer- I really wanted to use this up but I'm not sure that it still does it's job at oil control. My new Clinique dramatically different gel seems to do much better so I'm having a hard time picking this one up to use it. I'll keep trying though!


Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye-makeup remover- Again, another favorite of mine. However I found myself using some other sample products I had and this poor little almost empty tube was just sitting in the drawer. Don't let the lack of product fool you, a little bit of this stuff lasts a LONG time.

That's 2 products off of the list so far, and they both went to the trash. Good progress, eh? Don't worry, I'll keep at it. ;)


The reason why I'm up late to actually get this posted? My DS is sick so I can't sleep. I never can when it comes to my babies. Little brats may drive me crazy most of the time but it's never any fun to be sick. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment