Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kim Kardashian Inspired Smoky Eye

I can't take credit for this one, I saw Marlena's video over at Makeup Geek and really wanted to try it out since I've been fighting the urge to use my UD Naked palette everyday. I have a bunch of neutrals, but it's so easy just to reach for this palette since it has lots of great shades all in one spot.

I only discovered Marlena a few weeks ago, but she has fast become one of my favorite gurus on YouTube. So many beauty bloggers come across as fake or even worse, push products as hard as they can because they are getting paid to do so, but Marlena just seems completely real and down to earth in all of her videos.
You can check out her video here:


I really had the urge to play in my makeup one night, so I tried this look out. (By the way, if you ever see me mention my oily hair, you have proof of it in this post. My hair gets so oily it's ridiculous, but that's a rant for another day.)




Holy blood-shot eyes, Batman!
Sorry that there are no closeups, it was late and there was no natural light to be found.

I have no clue what's going on with my eyes here. I wasn't crying, didn't poke myself in the eye, nor was I  smoking a doobie in the bathroom... yet I have bloodshot eyes. A few eye-drops would have helped I suppose.

Obviously I used the Naked Palette on my eyes, but in case you don't feel like watching an eight minute video, I'll break down the colors for you. ;)

Face:
Stila Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 Oil free in Bare

Eyes:
Hustle- all over lid below the crease, blending up and out for a smoky look
Naked- used to blend out hustle at crease
Virgin- highlight & tearduct
UD 24/7 liner in Zero- upper lash line
UD 24/7 liner in Whiskey- smudge bottom lash lines
Smog- outer half of lower lashes
Half baked- smudged along lower lashes, inner third
Creep- smudge along upper lashes and outer third of lower lashes
Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Lips:
Sephora Ultra Shine gloss in Shiny Natural Look

No comments:

Post a Comment