Sunday, October 2, 2011

Orange and Blue FOTD


I generally play it safe with my makeup, but I decided to come out of my comfort zone to try out a blue & orange eye look. 
Can't touch this!

After I put this look together I realized that these are also the colors of the University of Florida. If hell ever freezes over and I decide to be a Gator fan, I know how to do my makeup. Hah!
(Just in case you're not an avid SEC fan; Kentucky + Florida = not friends.)










Normally I have trouble getting subtle colors to show up on camera but this time I've got streaks in my shadow that looked perfectly blended IRL. Hmm, what's that all about? I can tell the darker marks are from where I originally applied the dark blue shade, but those telltale lines weren't visible to the naked eye. 


 Face:
Clinique Dramitically Different Moisturizing Gel
Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer
MAC SFF NC15
Benefit Erase Paste
MUFE HD Powder


Eyes:
Bare Minerals Prime Time Eye primer
MAC shadow in Paradisco
Urban Decay shadow in Painkiller
Clinique Blue Velvet  shadow duo, dark shade only
UD 24/7 liners in Fluoride (upper lid) and Baked (lower lash line)
Benefit They're Real Mascara on upper lashes & Fairy drops mascara on lower lashes

Lips:
MAC liner in Subculture
MAC lipstick in Angel

Is that mascara on my lid? Good thing I didn't name this "MrsCassizzleSparkles perfect makeup blog, eh?
I was expecting someone, aka, the hubs or my parents, to say a few words along the lines of, "What the hell are you wearing?" (That was the response the first day I wore red lipstick. I got the same response the second day as well. :/ ) To my surprise, no one said anything except for the DH who told me that my eyes really popped. I'm thinking that I should come out of my comfort zone more often. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment