Thursday, October 27, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters Review

New to the Colorburst line from Revlon are the Lip Butters!
I already happen to be a fan of Revlon's lip products, and these are no exception. These are all the rage right now throughout the beauty blogosphere, so of course when I saw them at my local Rite Aid during their 40% off Revlon sale, I picked up a few. :D

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters L to R: Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle


Red Velvet has the most pigment and solid color. A fabulous deep red that I think will flatter most. The color automatically makes me think of red velvet cake. Yum!
Candy Apple is bright, clean red shade but a bit sheer on the lips, at least when compared to Red Velvet.
Berry Smoothie is my new fave MLBB (my lips but better) shade, it's a sheer berry pink. I've been carrying it in my purse every day since I bought it. We might be BFFs. <3
Pink Truffle is also a good MLBB shade in brownish-pink. I would prefer a little more pink, but it's still a nice shade.

L to R: Red Velvet, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle

Candy Apple







Swatches are 2 swipes each in natural light.











I thoroughly suck at take pics of my lips. They always look like crap. 
This is a feeble attempt, lol.















Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters L to R: Red Velvet, Berry Smoothie, Candy Apple, Pink Truffle 

These are very moisturizing, creamy and have a good amount of pigment. They don't feel like a traditional lipstick when on the lips, but like I have on a super moisturizing yet pigmented lip balm. The color is easily build-able for the more sheer colors; swipe and go for a hint of color or add a couple layers for an intense color. The packaging is certainly not my favorite and I think that it looks a bit tacky. The good news is that the cap is the same color as the lip butter so if you have several it's easy to grab the one you want. I seem to get about 2-3 hours of wear time with these which is good for me, most lipsticks barely last an hour. These are permanent and not limited edition, so they will eventually show up everywhere. Since this new product is receiving a lot of hype, I don't want to build up your expectations too much for fear of letdown, but I think they're worth it. They're definitely worth grabbing a couple if you see them in your store!

No comments:

Post a Comment